Director of Resident Services Job Description at Inglewood Care Centre
This position assumes the role as a leader in planning, directing, developing, and providing quality care. The responsibilities include meeting and adhering to professional standards, complying with organizational and corporate policies and procedures , supporting corporate and organizational missions, goals, and values ; promoting teamwork among associates and fostering positive resident outcomes. Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with others and be sensitive to their problems, concerns and goals. Emergency ‘On Call’ will be an expectation.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, in a tactful, mature, and flexible manner.
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound
- Good communication skills (written & verbal English).
- Resourceful and well organized
- Requires ability to work with a minimum of supervision and excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Participative management style-advocate of team
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive but be able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Results and people oriented, with sound judgment and the ability to balance other business
EDUCATION and REQUIREMENTS
- Must hold a current license in good standing with the CRNBC; CRPNBC
- Five years Gerontological Nursing experience preferred. It is an expectation that Affinity Managers will pursue ongoing education.
- Proficient computer skills
- Comply with all employment requirements as detailed in the Affinity hiring package and Licensing guidelines.
DETAILED FUNCTIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Fundamental understanding of the Affinity and ICC policies and organization
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes goals and objectives
- Institutes organizational structure and communication
- Protects interests of employees and the company in accordance with company policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Review, evaluate, and implement policies and nursing care plans in coordination with the views and wishes of Inglewood Care Centre
- Coaching and disciplining and possible termination of staff as required (In accordance with B.C. employment standards and in consultation with the Affinity CEO
- Plans, organizes directs and provide care in conformance with established company policy, law and governmental regulatory agencies.
- Assist Educator with Affinity orientation with all new employees.
- Have working knowledge of each of the nursing shifts (AM.PM and Nights)
- Provide nurse coverage if required, (including times when nurse is required to leave the floor for Comprehensive Care Reviews)
- Assist in medication administration to allow nurse time to complete additional tasks ex. MOS.
- Monitor complex needs residents and complete head to toe assessments as required.
- Provide guidance and direct clinical care of palliative residents.
- Transcribe Doctors orders as required.
- Performs nursing procedures and interventions and monitor and evaluate the
- Coordinate Care Conferences, and update Care Plans accordingly
- Provide direct assistance and education with wound care
- Annual administration of vaccines for staff and residents
- Assist with admissions and discharges
- Liaise with families.
- Monitor InterRai status
- Monitor and complete quality assurance audits
please email your resume to: